Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad...Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I'm a huge fan of chicken salad, but I don't make it that often because the only recipe I know how to make calls for mayonnaise, and I've been trying to avoid mayo.  As many of you know, I am a Pinterest freak!  So, when I saw a recipe for chicken salad that called for avocado rather than mayo, I was on it!  I revamped the recipe to my own liking and it came out a winner.  I got a 2 thumbs up from my husband!  Here's the recipe:

Avocado Chicken Salad
2 or 3 chicken breasts (I did 3, but mine were on the small side)
2 avocados
1/4 chopped onion
juice from one lime
Salt and pepper to taste




Chop up your cooked chicken breasts.  Add avocado, onion, and lime juice.  Mix all ingredients.
That's it!  Voila!

Yes it's green... it has avocado in it, but it is the best chicken salad I've ever had!  Here's what the finished product looks like.







No comments:

Post a Comment