Sunday, September 29, 2013

General Tso's Meatballs... Getting My Chinese Takeout Fix!

One of my favorite takeout dishes from the Chinese restaurant is General Tso's Chicken.  However, I rarely ever order it because I know that it's terrible for me.  It's definitely something that I have as a splurge.  When I saw this recipe on Facebook, I was super excited to try it.  I changed a few of the ingredients to suit my own tastes and cut out the step where it tells you to fry the meatballs.  These little things are delicious and a perfect way to get that Chinese takeout fix!

General Tso's Meatballs
Serving Size (4 Meatballs)


 Ingredients (For The Meatballs):
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 tsp ground Ginger
1/4 cup Scallions, Chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup almond flour
1 egg



Mix all ingredients together and form into balls.  Should make about 16 meatballs.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.


Ingredients (For the Sauce):
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
3 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
3 Tbsp Honey
1/4 cup Scallions, Chopped
4-5 small dried chilies, seeded and chopped (I didn't have these so I substituted a tsp of chili powder and added some red pepper flakes)


Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Simmer for five minutes until thickened and remove from heat.  Pour sauce over meatballs and serve.


To get updates about new recipes on my blog and for some health and fitness tips, check out my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BurpeesAndBakedGoods
Beachbody Coach Page: http://www.beachbodycoach.com/shanwarburton (sign up for a FREE account!)

No comments:

Post a Comment