Wednesday, September 11, 2013

TurboFire Chili... A recipe to welcome you to Fall!


Most people in my life are pretty excited that Fall is here.  I wish I could share in the excitement.  I'm a Summer lover hands down.  Fall just reminds me that in a few months, I will be suffering through another cold, blustery winter here in Central PA.  Even though Fall brings cool days, gorgeous backdrops and fall festivals, I always picture the white stuff that I'm about to endure.   I dread the snow shoveling, ice scraping, and dark days...not to mention the white knuckle driving on icy roadways.  With that being said, the upcoming months are when people turn to comfort food.  That's why I love this TurboFire Chili recipe.  It gives you that feeling that comfort food gives you, but it's good for you!  It's one of my favorite recipes and it's hubby approved!



Turbo Fire Chili Recipe
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
8oz whole kernel corn, canned
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
8oz black beans, canned
8oz pinto, chili, or kidney beans, canned
1tbsp tomato paste (I tend to use a little more)
1 pkg Lawrey's Chili seasoning
4 oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Brown turkey. Drain and discard any fat. Place all ingredients except cheese into a slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low, or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz. cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment